- 59 columns
Updated 7 hours ago
- Source: Our World In Data
- "Our World in Data" is a project of the Global Change Data Lab, a non-profit organization based in the United Kingdom. The COVID-19 dataset is a collection of the COVID-19 data maintained by Our World in Data. It is updated daily and includes data on confirmed cases, deaths, hospitalizations, testing, and vaccinations as well as other variables of potential interest. Confirmed cases and deaths: our data comes from the COVID-19 Data Repository by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU). We discuss how and when JHU collects and publishes this data here. The cases & deaths dataset is updated daily. Note: the number of cases or deaths reported by any institution—including JHU, the WHO, the ECDC and others—on a given day does not necessarily represent the actual number on that date. This is because of the long reporting chain that exists between a new case/death and its inclusion in statistics. This also means that negative values in cases and deaths can sometimes appear when a country corrects historical data, because it had previously overestimated the number of cases/deaths. Alternatively, large changes can sometimes (although rarely) be made to a country's entire time series if JHU decides (and has access to the necessary data) to correct values retrospectively. Hospitalizations and intensive care unit (ICU) admissions: our data comes from the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) for a select number of European countries; the government of the United Kingdom; the Department of Health & Human Services for the United States; the COVID-19 Tracker for Canada. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide data on hospitalizations for other countries: there is currently no global, aggregated database on COVID-19 hospitalization, and our team at Our World in Data does not have the capacity to build such a dataset. Testing for COVID-19: this data is collected by the Our World in Data team from official reports; you can find further details in our post on COVID-19 testing, including our checklist of questions to understand testing data, information on geographical and temporal coverage, and detailed country-by-country source information. The testing dataset is updated twice a week. Vaccinations against COVID-19: this data is collected by the Our World in Data team from official reports. Other variables: this data is collected from a variety of sources (United Nations, World Bank, Global Burden of Disease, Blavatnik School of Government, etc.). More information is available in our codebook.
- 56 columns
Updated 7 hours ago
- In this Dataset you can find daily estimates on the global ranking of COVID-related variables such as the number of death, vaccined or COVID cases. It includes data for 231 countries / regions. This dataset is based on the Coronavirus Dataset maintained by OurWorldInData (https://www.alphacast.io/datasets/5823).
Misc - Global - Oxford Covid Policy Tracker - School Closures Dataset published in Alphacast/COVIDStats15 columns
Updated 4 months ago
- Source: University of Oxford
- The Oxford Covid-19 Government Response Tracker (OxCGRT) collects systematic information on which governments have taken which measures, and when. This can help decision-makers and citizens understand governmental responses in a consistent way, aiding efforts to fight the pandemic. The OxCGRT systematically collects information on several different common policy responses governments have taken, records these policies on a scale to reflect the extent of government action, and aggregates these scores into a suite of policy indices. This is a project from the Blavatnik School of Government. More information on the OxCGRT is available on the school's website: https://www.bsg.ox.ac.uk/covidtracker. This README contains information about using the database. Coding description first digit 0 - no measures 1 - recommend closing or all schools open with alterations resulting in significant differences compared to non-Covid-19 operations 2 - require closing (only some levels or categories, eg just high school, or just public schools) 3 - require closing all levels second digit 0 - targeted 1 - general