In this guide, we will guide you through the basics of Alphacast.
- Start here to give your first steps in Alphacast.
- Downloading your first dataset, Creating your first chart, Writing your first insight and more...
Dataset are where information is stored. Think of it as an excel spreadsheet, a Pandas Dataframe or simply as a table with rows and columns. They have one or multiple time series from one or many unique entities.
- What is the content that I can find in Alphacast?
- Alphacast hosts thousands of datasets from hundreds of publishers and sources. Find out more here
- How can I search and download data in Alphacast?
- There are many ways of discovering new data in Alphacast.
- How can I create a new Dataset?
- Uploading by hand from a CSV or XLS, automatically connecting it to a file in Google Drive, as a result of running a pipeline (read more) or Using the Python API or library. Find out more here
- Dealing with data. Filter, edit, delete, and more
- Learn how to manage and interact with datasets
- Where do I find Alphacast open-source code?
- The scripts that update Alphacast Featured datasets are open-source. Find out more here
- Datasets FAQ
- Datasets Frequently Asked Questions
With pipelines you can process the data within the platform. A pipeline is a sequence of steps, transformations and others to be applied to a particular dataset that has the characteristic of updating automatically every time a data is updated.
- Creating pipelines dos and donts
- General guidelines to pipelines creation
- What are the available steps and what does each one do?
- A comprehensive list of everything you can do with pipelines. Steps Library
- How can I create my own formula with the Formula Editor?
- The Formula Editor is a powerful and versatile tool that allows to create steps with complex calculations.
- Pipelines examples and tutorials
- How to Seasonally adjust your data?, how to merge datasets?, how to change frequency? see more here
- Pipelines FAQ
- Pipelines Frequently Asked Questions
Charts and Maps
With Alphacast visualization engine you can create interactive-annotated-easy-to-share-always-updated charts and maps.
- How to create a basic chart?
- Introduction to chart creation, variable selection, publishing and more
- How to create basic maps?
- Introduction to country and state maps creation
- Advanced chart customization
- Customize data, colors, texts, annotations and more
- Charts and Maps Library
- View a comprehensive list of chart / maps types that can be created with our engine
- Charts and Maps examples and tutorials
- Learn how to make the most of our chart and map engine
- Charts and Maps FAQ
- Charts and Maps Frequently Asked Questions
Reports and Dashboards
An insight is a flexible tool that allows you to create either Dashboards and Reports. Data y always up to date. You can combine text, charts, tables, or images to share your ideas.
Integrate Alphacast with python, R, Excel, Power BI, Tableu and more. Learn to use our API.
- How to integrate Alphacast with Excel or Google Sheets?
- Introduction to insights creation, chart and imaged embedding, markdown editing and more
- Alphacast API Documentation
- The API allows to programmatically create repository, datasets and upload & download data from each dataset
- How to use Alphacast Python Library?
- pip install Alphacast and start your integration to python. Read more
- How to connect Alphacast to R?
- Frequently Asked Questions about Insights and Dashboards
- How to connect to STATA or Power BI?
- Connect Alphacast to third party apps very easily
Users and Security
Manage your profile. Grant permissions. Create team Workspaces.