Advanced charts customization
The "Basic" tab
On the left side of the chart, there are different options to edit it. In the Basic tab, you can find:
- A dropdown to select a chart type, you can change graphic style at any time
- At the bottom, in "Add Variables " is the Y-axis variable list, where you can make changes for each variable.
- If you select a variable and click the arrow to the left, you have the option of making different changes such as change the name, unit of measurement, number of decimals places, line width, unit conversion factor, smoothing factor, offset date, offset value, tolerance and more.
Now, you are able to use the already made up settings as default for future charts. You can also remove variables by selecting the cross at the right side of the variable.
The "Data" tab
In the "Data" tab you can choose whether users can or cannot change data. In "data to show" by selecting the brush to the left of each variable you can change the line color.
The "Text" tab
In "Text" tab you can modify header, footer, and more
- The title of the chart describes, by default, the period it covers. To remove it, select the option "Hide automatic" time/entity/p/alphacast/examples.
- Also, you can add a subtitle with additional information to interpret the graph.
- If you want you are able to add a footer note, with any important clarification to avoid miscommunication.
- You can also change the font family, the color of the font, header and subheader.
The "Customize" tab
The "Customize" tab allows you to:
- Configure the axes (both right and left)
- Change the legibility of the legend
- Modify the time frame.
If you want you can also change the axis appearance by modifying the width, hiding the borders or the gridlines.
Additionally, you can set the color scheme of your chart, either for the default colors or for the costume pallets previously set. Sometimes it is useful to have the option of hiding the legend or modifying the place of the title. You can find these options below in legend.
Also, it may be practical to have and hide the relative change, stacking or cumulative sum on the chart. These options can be added in controls.
The "Annotations" tab
In the ''Annotations'' tab you can add observations such as lines, circles, crosses, boxes and you can also draw with the pencil. You are able to choose the position, write comments on the label and edit the color, width and mark of the note.
Creating Themes for your Repositories
Creations need to be different, unique. Premium users now have more customization options for the charts, so it will no longer be something like “A customer can have a car painted any color he wants as long as it’s black”. Users can define a Default Theme for a repository and everything inside will look like that. Available parameters are:
- Custom Color Palettes
- Font Family and color
- Background and chart area color
- Header text-align (left / center)
- Line Width and show/hide line markers
- show/hide horizontal axis Gridlines
- show/hide axis borders
Here are some examples of themes that can be created with these options:
In Line Charts